AmazonLOVE

www.amazonlove.org
The time is Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Perspective/seeing tall women
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:59 am 
VIP

When we see a woman who is taller than us we react. At 5'8.5" , I am always amazed when a very tall beautiful woman who turns out to be 6’1.

A couple of weeks ago I went to a college volleyball game with Pepperdine participating. Ashley Harris is a graduating senior who is now listed as 6'7". When she played her 1st two years at Arizona she was listed at 6'8".

I did not get a chance to stand next to her. However, even from the stands you could see that she did not move like other players, because such a large percentage of her length is LEGS. I did step onto the floor for a distant height comparison as they were leaving the floor. It appeared I only came to her shoulder.

After the game, many of the home team players to come out to see parents and friends. I got to congratulate three of the players. They were 5'9, 6'0 and 6'2.

When watching the 5'9" player she was the 2nd smallest player on the court. Standing next to her I was just slightly shorter while shaking her hand.

When I was talking to the 6'0 player she was "tall", in spite the fact she was comparatively smaller that the other players on her team or the taller players on Pepperdine.

The last player I spoke to was redshirting because of a torn ACL. In talking to her, I was wondering the whole time how tall is she. She seemed very tall. I looked her up at home to find that she was only 6’2”.

It is always amazing how we over estimate how tall they are.

A couple of weeks ago I talked to young lady who was working at a Home Depot. When I first saw her, I thought I need get closer to get a comparison. She told me that she was 6’1. She told me when asked her height she says “The last time I measured I was 6’1”. She told me that she has had people argue with her. They told her she was wrong, you are taller than that. I was very polite and she was very forthcoming with her information.

When we read these stories of very tall women, I keep thinking I don’t need to have a giant to be happy. Someone as tall as 6’0 would be wonderful.

Post subject: Re: Perspective/seeing tall women
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:08 am 
VIP

Tonight I went tho the supermarket. I was searching around for something and am about to turn the corner at the end of the aisle and a her a woman having a somewhat animated conversation. When I turn the corner my eyes are in the middle of her big back. The top of my head was probably 3 or 4 inches below her shoulder. She was wearing flip flops and her very long feet.

While she had very long legs she was a big woman on top. I so wanted to talk to her and ask her height, but I don't think I would have survived the question. She seemed to be an assertive woman tonight.

I will not forget her and add her to the list of tall women I have seen in my life. She right up there in the top FIVE of one I have seen.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:33 am 
Site Admin

I think the tallest I've met in real life was six five (195.6 cm or so for my European friends). She was a college basketball player who is now a pro, a "local" legend from the place I lived at the time. She was at a benefit to promote something or other.

The size difference was pretty extreme, but sometimes I'm struck at how "not tall" someone that tall seems to me when I'm standing next to them. I got to shake her hand and got her autograph for my daughter.

I've met really tall people before (my high school friend - guy - was six nine), so for some reason the height difference wasn't the extreme in my head at the time. It's weird how the situation makes things different.

I dated a six two woman who was my next door neighbor for about a year or so (she's my "Jill" from My New Neighbor). That height difference felt pretty extreme at the time, but we were often right up next to each other, dancing or... other activities.

I'd like to meet a really tall woman with Amazon Ashley's build. I'm sure that would make me feel like a gnat. I wonder how overwhelmed I'd be in such a circumstance?

Best,

Pac

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:07 am 
VIP

Pac,
Please remind me how tall you are.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:43 pm 
Site Admin

santasim1 wrote:
Pac,
Please remind me how tall you are.

Well, I used to be 5'9", but with age I'm just a hair taller with you.